Saturday, July 23, 2011

Insufficient Disk space! Install Oracle Weblogic 10.3.5 on a Mac OS X 10.5

Hi,
After downloading the generic install of Oracle Weblogic Server 10.3.5 (wls1035_generic.jar), I kept trying to install it on my mac OS X 10.5.8. I always got the "Insufficient disk space!" message even though I had sufficient disk space message..

After quite some time on searching I discovered that I had to place the following command in order to install it properly:

java -Dos.name=unix -jar wls1035_generic.jar 


Well, that worked for me. Just another post for faster results while searching the internet.

Regards.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Really helpful message that points you straight to the problem :D
    Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, I am having same issue while installing Jdeveloper on macbook pro.. can you pls advice what I have to change and where we need to update above command.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kumar, you will have to use the above command in a terminal of your mac os x. Navigate to the folder where your jar is and execute the above command.
    Regards,
    Dimitris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    When I tried to execute the above command, it is showing the error: Unix is not supported OS platform. Could you please help.

    br,
    Vishnu.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...